Creative Digital Producer
05/13 – Present
Fox Broadcasting Company
Supervising Producer, Fox Digital
- Managing editor and supervising producer for various show web sites for Fox Broadcasting Company, which publishes daily during the broadcast seasons for “American Idol,” “The X Factor USA,” and “So You Think You Can Dance”
- Lead Writer and Producer for the second-screen experience accompanying the top-rated prime-time series “The X Factor” and “So You Think You Can Dance, Season 10.”
- Developed and implemented comprehensive digital content plan for live production of digital second-screen experience.
- Collaborated and managed both internal and external production resources.
- Provided insight and analysis of performance metrics to partners and stakeholders.
- Utilized performance data and insights to drive innovative approaches to increasing engagement via various social media focused promotional campaigns and activities.
- Increased user engagement by more than 50% from previous second-screen production efforts in support of “American Idol, Season 12.”
06/11 – 04/13
Senior Producer, North American Publishing
- Recruited to build and launch a new digital video production unit; complete responsibility for development, production and distribution of all video content supporting League of Legends including live competitive gaming, trailers, promos and educational product across all digital platforms.
- Developed comprehensive content strategies for League of Legends “Season Two” live competitive gaming World Finals events in Seattle and Los Angeles. Live HD stream earned more than 8MM global video views. Direct oversight for $750K of the $1.5M total budget.
- Collaborate with leadership across all functions to establish and achieve KPI’s across a variety of media focused promotional campaigns and activities
- Created and implemented comprehensive standard operating procedures and best practices for video and post-production operations.
- Recruited, managed and mentored a team of 13 producers, talent, graphical, technical and support staff
- Drove production of more than 100 promotional, community and educational videos for company YouTube Channel.
- Leadership of content merchandising and distribution efforts resulting in explosive channel growth, increased viewership and audience retention.
6/10 – 06/11
Director, Programming & Production Operations
- Developed, implemented and managed creative production operations for portfolio of vertically driven entertainment web sites and portals.
- Responsible for the creative direction and development of successful digital branded entertainment projects for top-tier clients and brands.
- Maintained and managed monthly production schedule for three vertically focused web content portals.
- Owned budgetary oversight for branded entertainment projects from concept to completion resulting in revenues in excess of $150K with 20-25% margin.
- Implemented enterprise wide project tracking system to manage company content goals and initiatives on a quarterly basis.
- Led efforts in web product development, digital content development, audience growth and sales conversion.
Digital Entertainment Corp. of America
4/08 – 2/11
Director of Production
- Developed and established enterprise wide production standards for digital video from pre-production through post including:
- Leadership of vendor acquisition and negotiation including contractor management, staffing and physical production operations.
- Created, developed and produced Streamy and Webby Award winning video content for suite of online properties including: “SMOSH” (3rd Most Subscribed YouTube Channel of All Time) and “Momversation” (Successfully earned over $1MM in advertising revenue from Target)
- Developed, supervised and delivered the studio’s first Branded Entertainment efforts for General Mills, Quaker Oats, Campbell’s, HP and Hyundai.
- Maintained budgetary responsibility for projects ranging between $100-250K each and earned 20-25% margin.
5/05 – 4/08
Producer, Writer and Correspondent
- Supervised the production and multi-platform distribution of CNN’s daily video entertainment news feed, serving more than 75 national and international affiliates.
- Participated in network level R&D of various digital production / distribution platforms with heavy emphasis on live streaming and digital compression of material for remote delivery.
- Developed and launched more than a dozen innovative video content offerings for CNN.com resulting in significant, quality video and page views.
- Produced numerous Live Satellite Broadcasts for the network and its related affiliates for breaking news and sponsored events originating from both studio and remote locations including : Sundance Film Festival, San Diego Comic Con, Hurricane Katrina coverage and Prime-Time Emmy Awards.
- Served as network correspondent and editorial consultant for content related to digital entertainment with particular focus on video games, online entertainment, technology and pop-culture.
KCBS – TV / CBS 2 News
3/03 – 5/05
KCAL – TV / KCAL 9 News
1/01 – 3/03
- Maintained cost effective production schedule through streamlined pre-production practices
- Created unified branding for content resulting in increased marketability and sales in region
Early career experience as on air radio personality with several national organizations including: Clear Channel and CBS Radio.
Bachelor of Arts, Communication Studies
- 2006 Final Cut Certified Editor
- 2002 Avid Media Composer Editing
- 2002 Pro-Tools Recording Engineer
- 2002 Pro-Tools Mixing Engineer